Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Urban Hiker


There are not a lot of "trendy" things I am completely sold on. Like sequins for instance. This past season you couldn't pick up a cami that wasn't completely covered in gaudy glitter. Now, I am not a complete sequin hater but there is a time and a place for the stuff, and I whole heartily believe unless you are a direct kin of Cher or Rue McClanahan*, sequin wearing needs to be in moderation. 

Anywho, one trend I did hop on was the hiker boot. Aside from being adorably ironic, they are easy to dress up or down and I couldn't fathom living without these. Before the big purchase, I did my research and found these: Jeffrey Campbell Lace Up Boot. Like most things, I bought them and then immediately went on sale. Such is life. 

What really inspired me to write about these was the amount of shit I got for wearing them at a gathering I went to last night. "Intense" and "Wicked Witch of the West" were two of the many colorful adjectives I got thrown at me. Sticks and Stones, baby. 

Of course this was all good and fun, and the main perpetrator eventually fell asleep with her hands down her pants on the couch so that was enough for me to have the last laugh :) 

Please note: I have done absolutely no hiking in these. Unless of course you consider trekking up the broken escalators at the Porter Square T station hiking. This girl sure does. 






*Rue McClanahan- The best dressed and most glamorous of the 4 Golden Girls. See also- Southern Belle and Harlot. 








No comments:

Post a Comment